Tuesday, 16 August 2011

"The man who has no imagination has no wings" - Muhammad Ali

Before you all think I am completely mad, I think this post needs a little bit of an explanation:

The other evening, I told my dad that I had lost my imagination (which he thought was 'very careless'), and so he asked me to poetically describe the nearest tree to us.  But I couldn't do it - I got about as far as 'tall and green' and then I gave up.  So here is my much revised description of that very same tree.



Tall, slender and white, the trunk stands straight, like a soldier brought to attention.  Its bark is decorated with a spiral of dark, castaneous scratches which look as if they have been sketched on with a wax crayon.  Then, it splits off into multiple branches; the ends of which are draped with strings of emerald leaves, giving the overall impression of an antique jewellery stand.  It stands aloof, offering its treasures up to the sky...

But only Autumn will take these leaves.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've found your imagination again. Luckily no harm seems to have come to it while you've been separated from it. Castaneous was a mite pretentious and sent ne running to the dictionary. Must make a note to drop it into my next presentation. Turkey and castaneous stuffing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed when I read your dad's response: "very careless"! I like the image of an 'antique jewelry stand'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a graceful picture! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This! Haha, it's kind of gorgeous - and your Dad is hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazingly poetic-this is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete